IOSH Managing Safely
Whilst seen as a necessary evil, health & safety training is usually at the bottom of most delegates wish lists of courses to attend as the subject matter is generally seen as boring and difficult. ForeFront pride themselves on the delivery style of the training we provide and relish the opportunity to change attendees perception of the subject matter and receive excellent feedback for completed courses.
We believe the ultimate accolade is that we actually delivered both IOSH Managing Safely and Working Safely direct to IOSH themselves (Leicester head office) this speaks volumes about the quality and style of the training we deliver!
Who Should Attend?
IOSH Managing Safely is the industry standard for Health and Safety training for managers and supervisors whatever the type of organisation or business sector they may be involved in. This practical, interactive 4-day course has been designed to allow participants to directly apply the information they have learnt to their workplace immediately! Being trained to this standard not only provides your employers with the peace of mind that you are trained to control the health and safety issues you’re responsible for in the workplace. This course will also equip you with the relevant knowledge you need for most health and safety situations that may arise
This course covers aspects including:
The course is spread over 4 days. To complete the course delegates must undertake a multi-choice exam and also complete a risk assessment exercise within 2 weeks of the end of the course, below is a breakdown of the course syllabus split into 7 modules as detailed.
Introduction to Managing
- basic law and your responsibilities
- what risk is, what a risk assessment is and how a risk assessment is carried out
- How to reduce risk and what risk control to use
Understanding you’re Responsibilities
- What the law requires, how the law works, key parts of an H&S management system
- What are common hazards and what you can do about them?
Investigating accidents and incidents
- Why investigate accidents and incidents, how they happen and how to carry out an investigation
- What performance measurement is, how you measure H & S Performance and what auditing is.
What’s Included in the cost
Included IOSH direct costs (see below), lunch and refreshments
IOSH direct costs:
- IOSH Workbook £15 per delegate
- IOSH Certification £20 per delegate
- IOSH Registration £50 per course
Split into 2 x 2-day sessions 9 am to 4 pm (approx)
- Day 1/2 Monday 28th – Tuesday 29th January 2019
- Day 3/4 Thursday 7th – Friday 8th February 2019