Level 2 Award in Environmental Principles and Best Practice
A one day course covering aspects of awareness of environmental concepts with regard to environmental management systems.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is ideally suited to members of staff whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment or supervisors/managers who are being introduced to environmental issues for the first time.
Why should I Attend?
Environmental issues impact on every organisation. Rising costs of materials and energy, combined with growing awareness of environmental issues and increased legislation regarding the environment are forcing organisations to address their own environmental performance.
There are many benefits to tackling environmental issues, including positive company image, which may result in an increase of custom. It could reduce the amount of waste and utility costs, and would also reduce liabilities.
- Identify primary local and global environmental impacts of their organisation
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution
- Learn basic principles, key concepts and importance of environmental law
- Identify the link between their jobs and a range of environmental impacts
- Understand business benefits of adopting an environmental management system
- Identify key issues related to energy use and carbon management, waste minimisation, water pollution and emergency planning.