Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation
This course gives candidates the skills, knowledge and confidence to be able to safely use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) in conjunction with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who, in their line of work, who may be required to operate an Automated External Defibrillator
Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s) are essential in the “chain of survival” for saving the life of a casualty suffering from a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
This 4 hour course will instruct students in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the practical use of defibrillators to help gain the knowledge and confidence in their use.
This course covers aspects including:
• The Chain of Survival
• Primary survey
• Secondary assessment including recovery position
• Resuscitation (CPR) including child and baby
• How Automated External Defibrillators work (anatomy and physiology)
• The safe use of the automated external defibrillator
• Maintenance and troubleshooting