IOSH Working Safely
A one-day course offering all the basics of Working Safely in a high impact interactive package. Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing grounding in the essentials of health and safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must 'work safely' – and this course offers exactly that!
It's not about teaching, it's about learning
Forget 'chalk and talk'. It's time to turn traditional training on its head. We need to inspire delegates, to get them engaged with health and safety. If learning is enjoyable and stimulating we stand a better chance of getting vital health and safety messages across.
Easier said than done? Not if we work in partnership. We provide the tools, and our accredited trainers provide the training expertise. Working safely: introducing a completely new approach to health and safety training
Marking success in Working safely
Delegates who successfully complete the written and practical assessments can choose between the IOSH Working safely certificate or a credit card-sized 'passport' card.
- A one-day course offering all the basics in a high impact interactive package
- Fantastic quality animated graphics created exclusively for the course
- A presentation that's designed to be fun, and get people fully involved and interested
- First class, jargon-free technical content based on what people need to know in practice, not off-putting legal language
- Clear scenarios drawn from genuine work situations to drive home practical points
- The very latest training tips and suggestions – from grabbing and retaining attention to maximising the training experience and making sure key points are taken on board
- Assessments built into the day's training –no need for follow-on tests on separate days, taking up valuable work time.
Who should go on Working safely?
Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must 'work safely' – and this course offers exactly that.
What will their employer get out of it?
- nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their teams
- peace of mind offered by training that's designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety
- minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one-day programme includes the assessment, so there's no need to free up further time for a test after the course
- Working safely meets the government's guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive's 'passport' syllabus
- two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session
This course covers aspects including:
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment