The new Level 3 Award in the First Person on Scene (Intermediate) is an up to date qualification underpinned by current practice. It provides learners with the knowledge and life savings skills to assess, manage and treat a patient in a trauma and/or medical emergency and to stabilise the patient for up to forty minutes before the ambulance or pre-hospital care providers arrive.
The qualification is regulated by the government department Ofqual and is clinically endorsed by the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, Faculty of Pre-Hospital (FPHC) Care and meets the Level 3 FPHC Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine Skills Framework. It is further approved by the Association of First Aiders.
On completion of the qualification, the learner will be eligible to apply to the Faculty of Pre Hospital Care for Level 3 membership.
Progression will be available up to a level 4 diploma (in development).
This course covers aspects including:
- Scene safety
- Scene management including triage
- Patient assessment
- The principles of manual handling
- The management of catastrophic bleeding
- Basic and intermediate airway management skills (including adjuncts)
- Respiratory assessment
- Management of breathing difficulties (including the use of oxygen)
- Basic and Intermediate life support including AED
- Management of haemorrhages and shock
- Recognition and management of a range of medical emergencies
- Recognition and management of a range of trauma emergencies
- The recognition features of sepsis
- Assisting the healthcare professional
- Paediatric life support
The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
- MultiChoice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
- The Practical demonstration of skills
To Awarded this qualification the Learner must 100% pass of the assessments carried out by observation together with a percentage pass in the MCQ paper.
Association of First Aiders (AoFAQ) – Level 3 – QCF OFQUAL – Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh Regulated
We can deliver this training course, anywhere in the country, or in our training facility. – please contact us to discuss your specific training needs.Contact Us